Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created over at Broke and the Bookish where every Tuesday, Top Ten things of anything are listed. Sorry I missed the post yesterday and this one is coming up late, but I have not been well! I will warn you now that there will be spoilers in this listing today because I will explain why the books got the placing they did. Anyway, todays Top Ten things are:
Top Ten Books That Will Make You Cry
1. Now I had serious issues placing the book that will hold the number one spot for books that made me sob the hardest, but upon serious thinking I had to give it to Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. Katniss went through so much and her whole world got turned upside down because she wanted to save her sister, and in the end it was all for nothing because another person she loved ended up creating something that killed her. I had to have a shower when I finished this book to try and scrub the sadness from me.
2. Second on the list of books that made me cry Im going to give to Allegiant by Veronica Roth. I think this is the first book I have read where the main character actually gets killed off. That end scene with Tris and her mother at the end was devastating, and the moment when her name stops getting put up the top with the beginning of a new chapter from her perspective because its no longer an option nearly killed me.
3. This one may be an odd choice because I don’t actually remember much about the story because I read it like 8 or more years ago, but it left a huge impact on me. That book is The Witching Hour by Anne Rice. It was the first book I had ever read of hers and it was the last. I also think it was the first book that made me cry. I sobbed so hard that I was never able to pick up the rest of the series to get any conclusion to what happened in the first book.
4. The fourth book on my list I think is going to have to be On The Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. This one I think made me cry the first time I read it, and everytime after that I get on the brink of tears. This book to me is a very depressing book that fills me with love. I can’t say anything about this book really other than just go and read it.
5. I think on a different day I might have given this the 4th place, but I like this book less overall so it gets 5th. This book is The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. I went in thinking one thing and had something else ripped out my footing in the most cry worthy way. I love you Augustus!
6. This place I give to The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. I have read this book so many times that the tears no longer come, but it still brings all the emotions of the first couple of times that I read it. The things that happen are so sad, and the effects it has on the characters is much sadder.
7. I wasn’t sure this book should go here, it no longer makes me cry but I like it much more than the rest and it still fills me with serious feelings. 7th place goes to The Host by Stephanie Meyer. The feelings that happen in this book, oh the feelings. It might have been ranked higher if it had of stayed with the sad ending.
8. Im giving this spot to a book by an author that has been mentioned already, That Was Then, This Is Now by S.E.Hinton.
9. 9th place on the list goes to Pay It Forward. Though it has been awhile since I read it, I still remember crying. This child does something wonderful for the world and thusly he gets killed. I think I will pick this one up again sometime soon.
10. And last but not least I give 10th place to If I Should Die Before I Wake by Michelle Morris. Though some parts of it really really bugged me, I cant deny the feels that it gave me.
Well thats it for today, I shall see you guys in a couple of hours for my next post since this one was put up so late!
Till next time…