Title: Vampire Knight [Vampire knight Volumes 11-15]
Author: Matsuri Hino
Genre: Supernatural, Manga, Romance, Action
Length: 939 (Aprox. total)
Rating: 5 Star
Manga Series Reviews: 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-19
Anime Series Reviews: 1, 2
The Night Class at Cross Academy has been abolished. Zero still attends the Day Class while carrying out his duties as a vampire hunter. Yuki now lives hidden away at the Kuran residence with Kaname, but can she embrace the life of a pureblood vampire?
Review – MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS
Hello everyone and welcome back to another VK review. Lets get started shall we?
- Its one year after everything went down and the night class was cancelled from the academy. We are introduced to the new storyline that will be taking up the rest of the series, introduces new characters, and the talks about the struggles that each of our old characters have had over the last year.
- Chairman Cross becomes a more of a kick ass character. before he was just an ‘ex’ super vampire hunter with no reason as to why but in this we find out that he is in fact around 200 years old because he has more vampire blood in his body than the ordinary vampire hunter. Everyone in this story is more than they seem to be. We are introduced to a new situation with Takuma that is kind of confusing. Yuki starts to gain footing and purpose again after everything that happened. Kaname is still filled with dark secrets and Zero lusts for the kill.
- This volume is mostly about Kaname’s past and Yuki finally finds out that he is actually the Kuran ancestor. Much like how Kaname became a more dark character, Zero also seems to be going down a dark path.
- Kaname does something that breaks the hearts of many. The pure blood vampire Sara also becomes more of a main figure within the story and she does more than just take Takuma captive. We see a glimpse of an awesome power Yuki has and doesn’t know about it.
- Yuki tries to move forward and clean up the mess that Kaname is leaving behind him despite the fact she has no idea why he is doing it. She starts up the night class again and everyone including Sara join despite Kaname, Kain, and Ruka because they are off killing pure blood vampires. Ends on a Yuki about to bite Zero cliff hanger.
We have come to the end of the spoiler free section, so unless you don’t care I suggest you stop reading here. Bye!
Now, for everyone that is left lets discuss things.
First thing I want to talk about, what the hell is going on with Takuma and Sara? I think I need to read this section of the story again because I am still so lost. Why did she take him? Was it just to piss of Kaname? Then why does he stay with her when he gets a chance to leave? She doesn’t start tormenting him and controlling him until later. God I hate Sara, and all the little girl play things she has collected. Part of me wont care if Kaname actually kills her, the other part of me though gets sad everytime a pure blood dies because they are rare. Conflicted!
Kaname totally broke my heart when he killed Aido’s father. Why?! He wasn’t a pure blood and he wasn’t standing in his way (from what I remember). He totally betrayed Aido’s love for him and Yuki’s in that one act. Poor, poor Aido. My eyes weld up. Kaname has gradually become darker and darker and with this he has completely gone off the rail. I don’t know if I like this new Kaname. He spent the first half of the series doing everything to save Yuki and protect her and now he is off on a pure bloods which includes killing Yuki. I just don’t understand! Im glad Yuki and Aido are still close after though. He totally could have gone off on her.
I like Yuki in this though, not only is she a strong and rare pure blood with powers which might involve blood wings coming out of her back (how bloody cool is that btw?) but she has gotten back the part of Yuki we originally fell in love with. The part of her that is human and goes through life with a purpose.
Zero was really starting to worry me in this section of the story. He has lost pretty much everyone he loves and one of them is walking around as a vampire, he starts to go off the deep end. I can’t have both of them breaking my heart. Thank god for the cliff hanger. Zero doesn’t function well without Yuki, he needs the friendship back! Not only Zero needs it though, the only person that Yuki really still has all the time, since the Chairman is working with the vampire hunter association, is Yori which I am so glad for. Yori is adorable. Yuki’s sadness seems never ending and its generally because of stuff other people have done.
So what do you guys think. Do you like this new direction the manga is heading in?