Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created over at Broke and the Bookish where every Tuesday, Top Ten things of anything are listed. Todays Top Ten things are:
Top Ten Books About Friendships
This I found a bit hard because I don’t read that many books about just friendships, so my list turned into a friendship/love kind of deal.
1. Unlikely Friendships by Jennifer S. Holland. Just a cute collection of friendships between animals.
2. On The Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. How could I not out this on the list? Its about love and friendship in all forms.
3. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien. Do I really need to explain this one?
4. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. My copy of this book was my mothers before it was mine, and the copy has been read so many times that it is now pretty much made of tape and I still have to get a new one before I can actually read the book without issues again. Its awesome though sad. Just read it.
5. That Was Then This Is Now by S.E. Hinton. Again, a sad story about friendship. These two are more about how frienships can change and not always in a good way.
6. Black Beauty by Anna Sewell. A story of how frienship can lasts years without either seeing each other.
7. Nana by Ai Yazawa. How different friendships can evolve, really sad.
8. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. A story about finding friendship and family.
9. The Host by Stephenie Meyer. How ‘enemies’ can become friends.
10. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. Though it becomes more about Rose and her love interests, it is about her and Lissa’s friendship.
Be sure to link me your posts and click on the cover to get yourself a copy of the book.
Till Next Time…