Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created over at Broke and the Bookish where every Tuesday, Top Ten things of anything are listed. Todays Top Ten things are:
Top Ten Books For Readers Who Like Fantasy
Gah, I loathe these lists. I don’t like comparing things this way, specially if its comparing books to other books. It is done so often now. I also feel like I do these lists all the time… Be sure to go to the bottom on the list or the side bar and join my book giveaways for Silver Shadows and Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead.
1. Sevenwaters series by Juliet Marillier. Purely an amazingly woven bit of fantasy. The first book is one of my favourites and I just spent nearly $50 on a mass market paperback copy of the second because my series wouldn’t have been perfect without that copy (fingers crossed it is what it says it is.)
2. The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey. Just a magical slow paced story. Might be everyone’s thing, but its amazing to me.
3. The Cursed Kingdoms by Emily Gee. This series seems to have a few negative reviews with it but I don’t really see why. It has huge potential to get really good towards the end. People don’t give stories the chance to build themselves up these days.
4. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge. While I didn’t like the end to this book so much I really liked the perspective and angle that this story took on one of my all time favourite stories.
5. The Forgotten War by Howard Sargent. If you can get through epic stories I think that you will really enjoy this one.
6. The Queen of the Tearling series by Erika Johansen. I have started the second and I am so excited to see where it all goes.
7. Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan. Don’t take its reading grade label to heart, it is a wonderful series and I need to pick up the next one already.
8. The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly. Very interesting take and distortion of disney stories we all know and love.
9. The Returned by Jason Mott. Now again I don’t think everyone will like this because its slow but if you like the slow ones you should give it a go.
10. Dreamfire by Kit Alloway. While not the best thing I have read, the idea is really interesting and I shall be reading the next one to see where this story will be going.
There is the list. I showed you main now show me yours!
Also, if you are interested I am holding two giveaways because my blog is now two years old and I love you guys!
If you want any of the books listed please click on the thingyami below.
Till Next Time…