Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created over at Broke and the Bookish where every Tuesday, Top Ten things of anything are listed. Todays Top Ten things are:
Top Ten Favourite Debut Books
Now because I don’t have a brain when I first wake up (which is when I am writing this) I went through some old TTT’s that I have not done and decided that this would be a good one to do. Lets get started shall we?
1. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. This book is amazing and it talks about the love of books. Everyone should read.
2. The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey. So magical it must go on all lists.
3. The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton. As gathered from my review, this book left me a little speechless. I cannot wait for her next book.
4. Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier. I adore this book and I just found out that she will be at an event in my area soon. Guess who is going to be at the front of the line to meet her?
5. Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I went it expecting not to like it at all but I love this series so much! (On a side note, I already know I am getting an ARC copy from Penguin! Dying with excitement)
6. The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien. I think this was the first book of his to be published (correct me if I am wrong) but this book really sparked the world of fantasy so it had to go on the list.
8. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. I don’t know if he will write more books but it was good none the less.
9. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. Though not the best book, for a debut, she sure made one hell of a splash.
10. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. Now I am not all caught up in the series anymore since the movies happened and I know the writing isnt fabulous, but guys seriously, this book blew up the reading world so it gets a spot.
Be sure to share your lists!
If you want any of the books listed please click on the thingyami below.
Till Next Time…