Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created over at Broke and the Bookish where every Tuesday, Top Ten things of anything are listed. Todays Top Ten things are:
Top Ten Bookish/Blogging Things I Need To Quit
- Not instantly writing a review – This probably my biggest issue. I think oh I will get to that, but then I want to read another book, and then another, then another and I don’t get to the reviewing. I should at least write notes damn it.
- Forcing myself to finish books I am not enjoying – I am conflicted about this one. On one hand I could be reading far better things and want to stop, on the other it could have an amazing ending. Its happened before.
- Accepting just anything – A few books I have picked up I get the feeling that I will not enjoy them so much, but for some reason, when an author or a publisher contacts me I generally feel the need to accept despite this. I have had a few good surprises, but for the most part my first instincts were correct.
- Buying more than needed – Again conflicted. One can never have too many books but when I just bought 5 and then the next day go out and buy 5 more and then the pattern repeats, I do not have time to read all those books. I should pace myself. It would be nicer to my TBR and my wallet.
- Lending books – In particular to one person. I used to lend to this person without a worry but then they broke my trust by lending out my book to randoms without consent and I don’t know how to say ‘Im not your library.’ The stress has physical effects on me. I try to only offer them books I am planning on unhauling.
- Not participating in my book club – I have a horrible habit of blowing off my online book club. This is because I want to read what I want at the time. This is stupid though because some of my favourite books I have found because of said book club.
- Not being organised – I am the queen of procrastination. I was one of those people in my high school years, and yes uni, who would wait till the night before to do an entire terms worth of work. I am currently so far behind on all the things I need to do for this blog that I don’t even really know where to start!
- Not being involved enough in the community – The most I really interact with the bookish community is probably on TTT. Other than that I find it so hard to find the time at any other point in the week. I have enough issues with my own posts but I really want to be out there more. Read things, share things, have discussions…
- Avoiding doing my booktube – I feel as though I am making steps with this though. I was researching cameras all day! (Lets ignore the fact I was doing it because I was procrastinating) If any of you have suggestions on a good camera be sure to let me know :)
And I think thats all of the things I need to quit at the moment… There is probably more but number 7 is killing me right now as I desperately right this post before I need to wake up in less than 6 hours…
Be sure to share your lists!
If you want any of the books listed please click on the thingyami below.
Till Next Time…