Annoyed I didn’t read but I feel awake again. Go figure.
What I Read: The Animals of Farthing Wood by Colin Dann
Pages Read: 0
I took awhile doing the challenges for hour 5 and thought I might as well start hour 6 and not bother reading.
Power Of Love
For this challenge I ask you to describe how a book (or books) have made you fall in love with them – and don’t forget to include the name of the book, of course! To enter the giveaway click the blue button bellow and add the link to your post OR leave a comment.
For all the information required to join, or to find out what you could win check out the goodreads page.
There wasn’t even another option for me in terms of which book to write about.
I love each and everyone of the characters, even the ones I hate I love. The connection and love that develops between them all is just so beautiful and touching. I loved the plot structure because I had to work out in what order those past events happened and understand how it relates to what we are living through in the present. And the writing is beautifully woven, both subtle and bold knowing exactly what is needed at each point in the story.
For my full review of this book check out On The Jellicoe Road.
Top Ten List
It’s time to make your top 10 list of something that has to do with the read-a-thon.
Easy and simple right? Check out the host blog for more info.
The topic I have chosen is top ten things I enjoy about read-a-thons.
- Making a dent in my ever expanding TBR!
- Knowing that at the same time hundreds of other people feel the same way I do about reading and are joining in with me.
- They can come with mini challenges that just add to the fun!
- Networking. They are a great way to find new bloggers that I enjoy.
- They give me a ‘valid’ excuse to spend all my time reading when I should probably be doing other things.
- I get to find out about new amazing books to go out and add to my expanding TBR!
- They make me feel accomplished because of how much I read.
- I generally find them extremely relaxing (the 24 hour kind are less so because you have the weeks worth of stuff to do in a day haha)
- Its a great time to indulge in food of the comfort kind.
- I often get to books I wouldn’t normally pick up.
Till Next Time…