Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created over at Broke and the Bookish where every Tuesday, Top Ten things of anything are listed. Todays Top Ten things are:
Ten Five Books I Have Read Recently That Were Outside My Comfort Zone & Enjoyed
Soooo I couldn’t come up with 10 unless I was going to go back years and years, so instead I decided to do 5 out of my comfort zone I did like and 5 in I didn’t.
1. Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. I don’t generally read books like this, but wow was I surprised by how much I liked it.
2. Ashes of Life by Erica Lucke Dean. I don’t normally read adult books with such a, well, boring premise. Pleasantly surprised.
3. Losing You by Nicci French. I don’t do crime that often but this one had me hooked.
4. The Invasion of the Tearling by Erika Johansen. This book is both in and out of my comfort zone. I cant go into it because of spoilers but I loved it.
5. The Dogs by Allan Stratton. low expectations were deflated.
Top Five Books In My Comfort Zone I Didn’t Like
1. Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headly. This is something I should have enjoyed so much, but just didn’t.
2. Half Bad by Sally Green. So much potential. I didn’t like this book at all really.
3. Midnight Embrace by Amanda Ashley. A genre, topic, and author I love. I hated this book.
4. His Dark Materials Series by Philip Pullman. While the first book was enjoyable, the rest of the series just went downhill very quickly.
5. Everything I Never Told you by Celeste Ng. While not completely in my comfort zone I had heard so many good things I was sure I was going to enjoy it. Nope.
Be sure to share your lists!
If you want any of the books listed please click on the thingyami below.
Till Next Time…