With the changes and more content I am trying to add to my blog I have decided that I must have more Tags! I love watching and reading them on other peoples channels/blogs so why not? So without further adieu, welcome to Thursday Tags <3
Sadly, the original video for this tag has been taken down so I cannot link you back to its parent D: This weeks topic is:
25 Bookish Facts About Me
1. The first serious book that was ever read to me as a child was The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien. This started the love of reading.
2. I do pretty much all my reading laying down in bed. I find sitting in a chair gets uncomfortable quite quickly.
3. I often loose feeling in my left hand (my main book holding hand) while reading.
4. I seem to buy more books when I am in a reading slump or have to take a break from reading for awhile.
5. Picking an edition of a series/book can sometimes cause me serious stress. I want them to match, I want any future things that relate to match. Do I want to get the hardbacks or will the paperback do?
6. My favourite book of all time is On The Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta, but I am not really able to sum up enough words to tell people about it in day to day life.
7. I really enjoy reading graphic novels and manga, but feel guilty when I do and add them to my goodreads reading goal challenge.
8. I am dyslexic and it took me a super long time, I think it was year 3 or even 4, before I could read with any form of confidence. I still can’t spell haha.
9. After getting over my dyslexic stress, the series that got me into reading was the Deltora Quest series by Emily Rodda. I have been thinking about doing them again to re-live that feeling I got when I flew through them.
10. I still have not read Harry Potter, despite owning a box set and the first illustrated book.
12. I don’t like getting books from second hand stores or Book Outlet because I like my books to look perfect these days, and the cracked spines or the lines on the pages that are found on most Book Outlet books really bothers me.
13. My go to place to buy books is the Book Depository. But Australia is looking to add tax to all things brought in from overseas to try and make people buy from within, and this will seriously mess with my book buying.
14. I only buy books from a physical store like QBD if it is a series on super sale, or if its a book I don’t think I will care too much about because they barely ever sell hardcovers.
15. I judge books by their covers all the time. If there is a book I like the sound of and it doesn’t have a nice cover, I will put off buying it over prettier ones. Specially if its a series.
17. I smell my books while I read them. Once in a bit, generally after I have put it down or have just bought the book, I take a good ol’ sniff.
18. I love audio books because I spend a great deal of my time in my car at the moment.
19. The books that got me back into reading after a slump between primary school and hight school were the Twilight books.
20. Other than a couple of family members who I talk with sometimes, I have no one in my everyday life like a friend who I can talk about books with. Its is one of my main goals in life to get a reading friend who will just come over to my house, or I go to theirs and we literally just ignore each other and read in the others company. My idea of a perfect date day.
22. I as a general rule do not lend out my books. I barely let people touch my shelves.
23. I have a kindle and I love it, but I prefer physical copies and seem to be able to read them faster.
24. Despite the fact I am turning 24 in August this year, I generally prefer to read YA books. I find them easier to get through than adult books, but I find that the adult books I read are of more quality.
Till Next Time…