AND WE ARE DONE! I only took a really small nap this time, and managed to finish off three separate books so I am feeling really good about what I have accomplished this time around. Thanks for the fun times guys!
Total Pages Read: 886
End of Event Survey
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
Hour 8, right before I took my 3 hour nap. At that point I had already been awake for 24 hours due to work, so there was no fighting the sleep that needed to happen.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
I think a good way to pick books for read-a-thons is to pick smaller, simpler reads. This way you can fly through them really easily and feel good about how much you have accomplished. Having an audio book on hand is also really good for the time when you are doing challenges and physically cannot read a book at the same time, or have real world things to deal with.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season?
I couldn’t possibly think of a thing! The community and the activities are make it so awesome and we already have such amazing people join in the challenge. Its nice to know others are suffering with me somewhere haha.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
For me personally, I really focussed on when I went to sleep the day before the thon to try and make myself last longer. It sort of worked.
5. How many books did you read?
I finished 3 books and started a 4th.
6. What were the names of the books you read?
See above pictures.
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
Probably The Animals of Farthing Wood Colin Dann since it is filled with childhood memories to me.
8. Which did you enjoy least?
This I will give to Special by Georgia Blain. Not because I didn’t enjoy it, I found it really easy to read and was enjoyable, but because the ending got a bit messy to me and nothing really got wrapped up in a way I liked.
9. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Umm yes and more yes as long as I remember when its happening cause I tend not to remember these things until it is too late. I would love to help host at some point or offer prizes but that will have to wait and see what kind of position I am in closer to the next one.
How did you all go with yours! If you want to share your progress/end posts be sure to do so because I love to see how much reading everyone achieved!
Till Next Time…