Title: Vampire Knight [Vampire knight Volumes 6-10]
Author: Matsuri Hino
Genre: Supernatural, Manga, Romance, Action
Length: 947 (Aprox. total)
Rating: 5 Star
Manga Series Reviews: 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-
Anime Series Reviews: 1, 2
Yuki sneaks into an exclusive vampire party and sees Aido’s parents introducing their daughter to Kaname. They, like many other Night Class parents, desire an alliance with the pureblood. Kaname is the most eligible bachelor in the vampire society–but will he choose Yuki?
Review – MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS
Welcome back to another VK review. I really hope if you have picked up the series since my last review that you are really enjoying. I love to discuss these things with people!
To catch up poor Zero turns into a vampire, and then we go onto a journey with him to destroy the pure blood vampire killed his family. To make things worst though Zero’s twin brother pops up and is on the same side as that pure blood. Kaname ends up killing this woman and Zero misses his chance to drink her blood to stop going crazy and becoming a level E vampire. Zero’s brother Ichiru ends up escaping and damn it Zero, why didn’t you bloody kiss Yuki! Way to tease us all… Up to speed? Don’t worry, the beginning of every volume has a sum up of what happened in the one before!
Now onto the kind of breakdown of each volume:
- In volume six we finally start to get a glimpse that Yuki is more important than what she has been in the story up until now. Yuki starts seeing blood everywhere because of the past she can no longer remember and every time she tries to find a way to discover what happened something always happens so that she can’t figure anything out. We also get more of an understanding of Kaname. The end of the volume ends on a huge cliff hanger. Suggest having the next volume on hand.
- Cliff hangers!!! In volume seven Zero has officially stopped taking up all the spotlight and the main focus is now upon Yuki and the mystery of her past and just how Kaname is involved in all of that. Yuki is really starting to go mad because of it. Kaname confesses his feelings for Yuki and his personality starts to become really dark.
- In volume eight I just generally feel sorry for pretty much everyone in the story. I feel sorry for Kaname because you can just feel the loneliness seeping from his body because all his family was murdered, and you feel sorry for Yuki for loosing Zero and vice versa. You can feel the show down between everyone about to happen.
- This volume, volume nine, is pretty much non stop action. Everyone is fighting everyone and when all the fighting is done and this chunks bad guy is done and gone kaname makes comments about how this is only the beginning to the bad things that are to come. The volume ends on a Yuki and Zero cliff hanger.
- This is just things winding down (despite the cliff hanger it starts on) and you get a lot of back story from this volume. This lets you know a lot of the characters better than you did up until this point.
Now those of you that don’t want spoilers I suggest you just skip all this part. Its hard to make these review really interesting when I have to skip over so much of it for fear of ruining the entire story for you all. So if you don’t want spoilers bye! I shall see you guys in my next review!
Ok now everyone who stayed here is what happens over all of the volumes. We are introduced to our new bad guy, Lord Rido which is Kaname’s uncle, and he is Shiki’s father and he takes control of Shiki’s body. We find out that Kaname is actually the Kuran pure blood ancestor from which all the Kuran’s descend and Rido was the one to awake him using the ‘real’ Kaname, Kaname’s parents new born baby boy, as a sacrifice, thus making it so Kaname cannot kill him no matter how much he tries. I know its not Kaname’s fault really that this happened, but this made me so sad. I was also kind of touched though that Kaname’s parents chose to raise him as their own anyway.
Yuki’s madness becomes to much to her and she tried to strangle Zero (so so sad) so Kaname takes her and ‘awakens’ her and bites her and turns her into the pure blood vampire that she has actually always been. We find out that she is actually Kanames sister and they are engaged since pure bloods marry each other to keep the lines clean. When their parents died because of Rido her mother sacrificed herself to turn Yuki into a human to hide her. Oh. My. God. I didn’t see the sibling thing coming at all! At first I was totally iffy about the whole thing but I love Kaname too much to think they cannot be together. Zero tried to kill Kaname cause he turned Yuki but she stops him.
Zero then gets arrested by the Hunters Association and while he is in a cell he gets visited by Ichiru who joined the school to be close to Rido, and when Kaname restores Rido’s body so that he will leave Shiki’s, Ichiru tries to kill him for the woman who killed zero’s parents. When he sees Zero he shoots him with a vampire gun, we then find out that Ichiru was hurt fighting Rido and that he wants Zero to drain him of blood so that they can become the single person they were supposed to be. Zero due to his injuries and since Ichiru was dying anyway does this, and becomes the strongest vampire hunter ever. My heart just wept for Zero at that moment.
Kaname goes off to kill the vampire elder council, and Yuki and Zero team up and kill Rido. Once that is done they go to face off with each other but Kaname comes in and tries to kill Zero but Yuki stops them both, frees Zero from his Bloody Rose gun and Kaname leaves. Yuki and Zero embrace, he bites her, and then they kiss. FINALLY!!! Zero tells her he will have to kill her the next time they see each other and Yuki promises to run away from him forever so that by being his enemy she can be his reason for living, but when they part Yuki breaks down about the choice because she doesn’t want to be enemies. God damn it Zero, why do you have to be such a dick. Yes its the love triangle to end all love triangles you are in but really? You know Yuki isn’t evil and going to kill people so you are pretty much saying you are going to kill her for being herself which is the person you love!
The series of events ends with Kaname and Yuki leaving the school together. God. I don’t know how I will live. We basically get told that this is just the tip of the ice burg and look at all the emotion fill drama we had to go through. I really don’t know how much more I can take. God this story is good. Pick it up! Madman sell it and they often have sales where you can get it for cheap.
Till Next Time…