For the last couple of weeks I have been visiting the family in the land with no internet. You would this would be the perfect time to get some serious reading done, this is what I thought too. Then Centrelink decided to ruin that plan.
Anyone in Australia will probably know about centrelink, and you will know just how they like to make your life a living hell. Well thats what they did to me. After telling me one thing which made me decide that I could drop out of uni and do a different tafe course with no hassle from them, they then change their minds about the whole thing. This resulted in me having to cram my 10-15 month course into 6 months. Safe to say Im behind now. So instead of reading novels, I have been reading this instead: Though its interesting, I can only focus on the same subject matter for so long before I just can’t look at it anymore. Im attempting to get it all done this weekend so hopefully I can start doing reviews again on Monday!
Im home again now, and though I enjoyed spending time with my family going to theme parks and just hanging out inbetween doing work, Im glad to be back. I missed my own bed and my kitten and my boyfriend quite a bit. I hope you all had a good easter holiday as well :)
Thanks to Cary Morton/Author Unpublished for nominating me for my first blog award within my first three days here haha I dont completely get these seemingly chain mail awards but its always nice to get something thats even a little bit exciting.
Now on to follow the rules for this award ~
Say 11 Things About Yourself:
- I’m 20 and live in Melbourne, and when I go out with other people I ALWAYS get carded to see if I’m allowed in the bar/to buy alcohol. This never happens when I go by myself.
- I’m the oldest child between my brother and myself, and I was born 6 weeks early due to my heart stopping. I was legally pronounced dead for a short while before they performed an emergency cesarean on my mother and revived me.
- Growing up I have always been surrounded by pets. I have had 2 birds, 8 cats, 3 dogs, 2 guinea pigs, 2 roosters, 2 chickens, about 20 fish, and 20+ rabbits (never, EVER let them start breeding…). When I moved out of my mothers house I left behind 3 cats Fizz (Fizziness, Fizzle, My Kitten [mum]), Z (Zeddles), and Pudding (Puddy, Puddy Fat Cat, Pud Pud). I lasted 2 years of just visiting them before I cracked and broke my lease and am now hiding a kitten in my house. His name is Wraith, he is my little 11 weeks old Wraithy Mr Cat :3
- I have lived in 4 different states, Adelaide (born), Queensland, New South Wales, and Victoria.
- I am an artist on DeviantART called xXVampireDreamerXx
- I am deathly afraid of cockroaches, scales (the weighing kind, thank you public media), men in polar bear suits (because of nightmares), pain, needles,cutting my hair (due to my mother threatening to chop it off in my sleep and seeing people cut their hair and have it not grow back), hospitals and doctors, and the dentist.
- I have spent quite a lot of time in hospital for my own reasons, as well as for those who are close to me. When I was 8 I was hospitalised for eating bad chocolate moose (I cant eat it ever again), throughout my life my mother has spent about 6 months in hospital due to golden staph, my final year of school I was in a boating accident and sliced my leg open and had to get 8 stitches, nearly chopping off my finger being stupid with glass, 36 hours mostly sitting in the waiting room because in the middle of the night my boyfriend and housemate decided it was fantastic idea to play fight in the kitchen and ended up slicing up my BFs arm and housemates hand, each ending up needing a plastic surgeon to operate on them, and a few days due to my best friends mother dying of leukemia and golden staph. I have about 22 scars all over my body.
- I am a pagan.
- I dropped out of uni my second year of doing a Bachelor of Fine Art at Monash University to do a distance educations Cert II in Animal Studies. Im the only member of my family to get into uni thus far.
- I have only ever had 1 job and I got RSI from it within a year which im pretty sure has turned into carpel tunnel. I regret having such a good work ethic that I continued to work on it when they couldnt find a replacement. I have wrecked myself.
- Though I can see the appeal, I hate touchphones. My fingers just cant use them and they never do what I want. This goes for any touch screen.
Answer 11 Questions Posed To You:
- Tell us a little about your blog… what do you blog about? I blog book reviews. I read a lot and I dont always agree with reviews I read and wish some other people would post things so why not I? Also, I think it would be awesome to be a professional reader.
- Do you have a job other than blogging, and if so, what is it? No. I study, and and I intend to start volunteering at animal shelters, but right now I just bludge off Centrelink
- Do you have any creative talents, and what are they? I love to paint and write.
- Do you have any pets? What are their names? Yes, one 11 week old male kitten named Wraith.
- What is one of your biggest fears? Haha I probably should have read through these before I answered the first bit :\ Cockroaches.
- What is the name / author of a book you read recently that you really liked? Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
- What bandwagon have you jumped on that you are sometimes ashamed to admit? I wasnt ashamed to be on the twilight bandwagon until the movies came out.
- If you could live in any period of time, what would it be? Oh god this is tough. I think if I had to choose it would be the Victorian era, but I have lots I think I would have been better suited for.
- If you could live in any fictional world, what would it be, and who do you think you would be? Wow just at me with the tough ones haha I think the one I have to pick (because I remember it best) would have to the one created by J. R. R. Tolkien in his work Lord of the Rings, and the character I think I would be an elf because I love them. But for a specific character I would Arwen. I was voted her in my class, and Aragon is so dreamy <3
- What would you rather be doing right now instead of answering these questions? I probably should be reading or eating something. I havent done either of those yet today.
- What is your favorite genre to read, and why? I know this may sound like a cop out but I really don’t have one. Excluding the fact that I’m so bad at making up my mind that meals can be skipped for ages, I think most of them have the potential to totally amazing book, and they all have the potential to be a totally horrible one. My favourite books are spread out over the genres, though I seem to read a lot of dark fantasy ones. This I partially blame on my family. I made the mistake of telling them I liked the twilight books (they completely ignored the fact that I said I liked The Host better) and now all they give me is young adult dark fantasy books.
Post some nominee’s for the award (all less than 200 followers)
P.S. If you’ve already been nominated for the award, feel free to NOT re-answer all the questions. Instead, bask in your awesomeness and take an hour to relax.
Well since I only started like 3 days ago I dont have that many followers, and they all have over 200, so Im just going to put 2 down.
- Kendall F. Person
Now for those of you who I named, I am obligated to tell you that you must follow these rules:
- Nominate other people. I don’t care how many, do one if that’s all you feel like. Most people did 11. I don’t know 11 people.
- You must post 11 questions for those you nominate to answer.
- You must post 11 facts about yourself.
If I nominated you, these are the questions you must answer:
- Tell us a little about your blog… what do you blog about?
- What annoys you the most and why?
- What is your earliest memory?
- What is your favourite thing to do?
- What is one of your biggest fears?
- What is something you do/like you are ashamed to admit?
- What is your favourite song and why?
- If you could have a superpower what would it be?
- If you could live in any fictional world, what would it be, and who do you think you would be?
- If you could go back and alter one thing what would it be?
- Is there anything you care about more than yourself? If so, what is it?