Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created over at Broke and the Bookish where every Tuesday, Top Ten things of anything are listed. Todays Top Ten things are:
Top Ten Bookish Confessions
I actually have my doubts about if I can think of ten, but lets give it a go shall we?
- I have never read the Harry Potter series. I don’t think I even finished watching the last movie, I just kind of walked off to do something else and didn’t pause it and then never watched it again. Its not cause I don’t like it I do, but yeah…
- I adore my Kindle. I was always pro physical book, still am, I love being able to display my books. But my god I love my kindle at the same time. It lets me take notes and it means I don’t have to carry my actual books around with me.
- I nearly cry when I lend out books. Im not joking. If I lend a book and it comes back in worst off condition than what I lent it in, like a finger print on a hard cover or a crack in the spine of a paperback, it totally freaks me out. I feel the tears and think I just better go buy a new one. AND I DON”T KNOW HOW TO STOP LENDING ONCE I HAVE STARTED LENDING TO SOMEONE. I have just stopped telling people when I get books and hope they don’t ask.
- I judge people on books they like. I say this in the least judgey way possible. If I find out someone likes Fifty Shades of Grey or something I will judge them to like books like that, and will only recommend them books that I consider to be on that same level. AKA, not a high one.
- I don’t like using the library. I don’t like reading a book, loving it, then having to get it back. I would much rather not go. So I don’t. The last time I used one I was in primary school and I seriously considered never returning a book cause I wanted it. I chose never to go back rather than steal.
- I smell my books. I love picking them up, opening and taking a good old wiff. Stuff new car smell, though I love it, I would rather have books smell.
- I can’t spell to save myself. If my life depended on spelling things, I would be dead. And this is coming from someone who wants to be a writer in her spare time. Spell check is the most beautiful thing ever.
- I was in special reading/spelling classes in school. Right up until like year 9, then I joined all the advance ones. But seriously I was years bellow where I should have been. I couldn’t read forever, and then with spelling I would read the word I was trying to write and not even notice that I did it wrong. I am pretty sure I have dyslexia. Once I worked out how to read though I didn’t really stop.
- I will always like Twilight. I know this conflicts with my number 4, but its sad that I should feel shame about this. These books though not the best were awesome at the time and they will hold a special place in my heart. The movies just tainted it.
- I enjoy a good trashy romance. You know the ones, with the ugly half naked people on the front. I don’t know why but god they suck me in. There are a lot of bad ones, but the ones I like I would put in my favourites pile.
And I actually made it to 10. It was a struggle thinking of things. I could probably think of more, if I sat here a really long time. So share your lists with me so I can see your dirty reading secrets!
Till Next Time…