Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created over at Broke and the Bookish where every Tuesday, Top Ten things of anything are listed. Todays Top Ten things are:
Top Ten Favourite Heroines
I… I just can’t… I have literally been staring at all the books/mangas/movies I have loved and have had female characters in there that I love and I just cannot pick my favourite. It is hard enough to pick my favourite book which has many people and a story to love but just one character? I just can’t do it. So this list is in no particular order.
1. Sorcha from The Sevenwaters Series by Juliet Marillie – The struggle she has to go through pretty much all by herself. She is a truly awesome and strong heroine.
2. Faina from The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey – While she isn’t a typical choice, I just love the mystery surrounding her and that makes her an amazing character.
3. Cinder from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer – She is such an awesome characters. I love how she handles things and her general personality.
4. Ceriana from The Forgotten War by Howard Sargent – Im not even going to go into why I love her because it would ruin it, but I love her.
5. Lucy from Elfen Lied by Lynn Okamoto – She goes through so much struggle and it has made her sort of bad (well really bad), but she doesn’t want to be. Her story and character is just amazing.
6. Wanda/Melanie from The Host by Stephanie Meyer – I am putting them together since they are for pretty much all of the book. Together they really make a completely well rounded character who is so interesting.
7. Katniss from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins – Do I really need to go into this one? Im sure she is on a lot of lists this week.
8. Rose from The Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead – Again, do I need to say much. Rose may have some issues but she is still an awesome female of butt kicking.
9. Elizabeth from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen – I felt like I needed to put a heroine from the classics in here. She goes for what she wants even if its looked down on, and she stays true to herself.
10. I struggled with choosing this last place, there are still a number of heroines I wanted to put on this list, but since I have mostly picked goody goody people I have chosen to put Nyx from Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge – She is brave and willing to sacrifice herself for those she is supposed to love, but because she is being asked to do those things makes her have hatred within her heart and this makes her an interesting heroine.
That ends the lists for another week, be sure to share and if you wish to pick up any of these books be sure to click on the doobly doo.
Till Next Time…