Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created over at Broke and the Bookish, but has now been taken over by That Artsy Reader Girl where every Tuesday, Top Ten things of anything are listed. Todays Top Ten things are:
Top Ten Books That Surprised Me
Now because I have had some good ad bad surprises I am going to include both! The books are not really in any sort of order.
1. Wild by Cheryl Strayed. This was so surprising for me. I don’t normally do autobiographies but I adored this book. This is a theme for my first three books actually. All autobiographies and I loved.
2. You’re Never Weird On The Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day. Other than being a good story I think the way she did the audiobook is what really won me over.
3. Mao’s Last Dancer by Li Cunxin. SUCH an interesting story. Really based on these three books I should give more of a chance to autobiographies since apparently I like them.
4. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. Granted some of my surprise was gone for this one because I knew one was coming, but I didn’t expect that.
5. Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. I know I have put this on a few of these lists but I am still so surprised by how much I liked it. I am so looking forward to the movie!
6. Sex Criminals: One Weird Trick by Matt Fraction. I don’t know what I was expecting but. . . It wasn’t that.
8. Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. Everyone else seemed to loved this but I was so surprised by how much the writing irritated me.
9. Everything I Never Told you by Celeste Ng. The amount of dislike I felt for this book still surprises me since everyone else seems to love it.
10. Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headly. It still upsets me how little I liked this book.
Be sure to share your lists!
If you want any of the books listed please click on the thingyami below.
Till Next Time. . .