I googled for a tag to do this week and I came across the Ultimate Book Tag. My googling told me that this particular one was created by Megan on Goodreads and was made for Chapter Chicks YouTube Channel. Its an oldy and a long one but I am very excited to just jump right in.
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
At times I do feel a bit ill but for the most part no I don’t get sick while reading in the car. I survived at least 2 hours in the car/bus going back and forth from home to school and back by reading.
2. Which Author’s writing style is completely unique to you & why?
I think I am going to have to go with Leslye Walton who wrote The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender. Just the way she presented the story and the overall idea and presentation of it is what made me decide on her.
3. Harry Potter or Twilight Saga? (3 Points to defend your answer)
So I still, even though I have started the first book, to actually read the Harry Potter series. While I don’t think its a master piece anymore, Twilight did make a really big impact on my reading life and I will always be thankful for it.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so what is in it? (Besides books)
I don’t tend to carry my physical books or my kindle with me anymore since I started getting more into audiobooks. But when I did they would go in my handbag and that generally always has the following in it:
- A Pen
- Compact Mirror
- Shopping Bags
- And a few other random things that come and go.
5. Do you smell your books?
This is a dumb question because what person who has physical books is going to say no to this one?
6. Books with or without illustrations?
This depends on the age range and the book. I think childrens books require illustrations and anything older doesn’t need them. However, there have been some books in the older ranges who have had an illustration that really brought something to the book. If they are going to have them, they have to bring something. They can’t just be in there for the sake of it.
7. What book did you love while reading, but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
The first two series that pop into my head are Twilight and Fallen. While I would say I still like both of the series and might read them again, I can see now that they are not masterful books.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please Share
Its not funny, but I used to really struggle to read and spell (something I think related to dyslexia but I was never checked out) and hated every moment of people making me do these things in school. Then one day one of my favourite teachers brought in a program that for every certain amount of pages you read from a book, you got a book. This changed everything for me. I devoured books from this point on.
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling at 105 pages.
10. Thickest book on your shelf?
The Red Queen by Isobelle Carmody at 1108. Over a thousand more pages than my smallest.
11. Do you write as well as you read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
Yes. But I don’t say this with much confidence. I have dabbled and written a few things, but I am just organising myself to write something for the first time outside of school and I am very excited and hesitant about starting it.
12. When did you get into reading?
I touched on this a little in question 8. I would have been in year 6 I think when this all started to happen.
13. What is your favourite classic book?
14. In school was you best subject Language Arts/English?
Again see question 8. In my early school years it was easily one of my worst subjects. After my love of reading started though it became one of my best subjects next to art.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated… What would you do?
I would keep it for awhile, then once I felt like it was appropriate to get rid of it, I would pass it onto someone else who wants it or donate it.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
Since I haven’t read Harry Potter I can’t say about it, and I have never really found anything to be like the Hunger Games. I don’t like to compare books in this way unless its just unavoidable though.
17. What is a bad habit you always do when blogging?
I procrastinate the entire time I am working on it. I will physically write down a review or idea in a book, but when it comes to actually getting it onto the computer it seems to take me forever. For example yesterday I wrote five book reviews down over the span of the day, but today I have only managed to put together three posts including this one and as of writing this question its already 7:12pm. I have been doing it pretty much the whole day.
18. What is your favorite word?
Oh god… why…. Ummm… dear lord…. Bubbles?
19. Are you a nerd or a geek?
Depends on what subject matter! I think overall I would be more geeky though as I am just a fan of most things and don’t actually do the things.
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
If you had of asked me a few years ago the answer would have been Vampires 100%. The poor things have been just stripped and pulled apart in literature now though so I would have to go with Fairies. Not the happy go lucky I am always nice Fairies though. I believe Faeries can be down right nasty, ugly things.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Shapeshifters. I have read very few Angel books I love.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Probably Werewolves but I don’t care much either way. I don’t tend to read much paranormal but I love supernatural things.
23. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
Vampires 100% hahaha. Zombies are the most boring subject matter to walk the face of the Earth. They have tried to make them more threatening by making it so they move fast now but they still hold no interest for me.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Forbidden love. That implies that they have things to overcome before they can be together if they actually get to be. I have seen so many bad love triangles.
25. Full on romance or action-packed with love scenes mixed in?
Depends on what I am more in the mood for. Some of my favourite books are ones where the love is just a side note to the story and enhances the main point, rather than it being the main point itself. I do however, really love a good romance novel.
And now we have come to the end! If you do this tag let me know so I can have a look at your answers! I hope you enjoyed it as much as me, this was a really interesting tag to do.
Till Next Time. . .